8th Divisional Artillery
OPERATION ORDER No.18
21st July 1916
Reference Map. Sheet 36B N.E. and
36C N.W. 1/20,000
- The 8th Divisional Artillery will relieve the 8th Divisional Group R.A. and the LEFT Group 15th D.A. by Sections, on nights 22nd/23rd and 23rd/24th JULY.
- All moves will be in accordance with TIME TABLE attached.
- All moves will be carried out by darkness.
- Headquarters of Groups will be as follows:-
RIGHT GROUP – PHILOSOPHE L.11.b.1.1. on relief of H.Q. 73rd 71st Bde. R.F.A.
LEFT GROUP – F.23.d.9.8. on relief of 8th Div. Group R.A.
- Groups will send one officer per battery to batteries to be relieved on morning of 22nd Instant. These officers to remain with batteries.
- Transfer of guns and Stores will be in accordance with instructions already issued.
- Group and Battery H.Q. will take over command on completion of reliefs on second night.
- Divisional Artillery H.Q. will assume responsibility for Artillery Defence of the line on completion of reliefs on Second night.
- Divisional Artillery H.Q. will be at ESTAIRS till 12 noon 23rd July and which hour it will open at CHATEAU DES PRES.
- Completion of all moves will be reported to this H.Q. by wire.
C.R. Gover Major R.A.
Brigade Major 8th Divnl. Arty.
Issued at:- 8.40 p.m.
1st Corps R.A.