SECRET Copy No 9
8th DIVISION ARTILLERY
OPERATION ORDER No. 17.
21st July 1916
Reference Map BELGIUM 1/100,000 HAZEBROUCK sheet,
except where stated.
- The 15th Division is to be withdrawn from the line.
- The 8th Divisional Artillery will rejoin the 1st Corps, relieving the present 8th Divisional Artillery Group and the Left Group 15th Division Artillery.
- The 8th Division Artillery will be withdrawn from the XIth Corps on night of 21st/22nd JULY and march to billets in LE QUESNOY, FOUQUIERES and FOUQUEREUIL, in accordance with attached Time Table.
- The Division Artillery will march by Groups under the orders of the Senior Officer present –
RIGHT GROUP 33rd Brigade R.F.A. plus ”O” Battery, R.H.A. and D/5 Bty Hows. 5th Bde R.H.A.
LEFT GROUP. 45th Brigade R.F.A. plus ”Z” Battery R.H.A.
- Group Commanders will arrange the withdrawal of batteries from positions to Starting Points. The withdrawal to commence as follows:-
RIGHT GROUP 8.30 p.m.
LEFT GROUP 9.15 p.m.
- Echelons will march full.
- Ammunition. Dump ammunition will be dealt with in accordance with instructions already issued.
- Separate special instructions dealing with Artillery Reliefs will be issued.
- Supplies. Refilling Point for 22nd JULY will be at BETHUNE. Map reference will be notified later by wire.
- All moves will be reported to this office.
Issued at 12.15 p.m.
C.R. Gover Major R.A.
Brigade Major 8th Divnl. Arty.
Copies 5/33/45 Bdes