Standing Orders for Sentries Horse Lines.
- He will take over from N.C.O. i/c.
- When taking over he will check the number of horses and see that each horse is properly secured.
- He will patrol the lines during his tour of duty, and will not converse with anyone or allow anything to distract his attention from the horses.
- Should a horse break loose or a casualty occur in the lines he will turn out the Picquet.
- After “Hay up” he will remove hay nets.
- He will challenge anyone approaching lines between dusk and dawn.Here the note ends. On the reverse: –
- Standing Orders for N.C.O in charge of Guard & Picquet C Battery 236 Brigade Royal Field Artillery signature unreadable. 1914 -1919