C/236 Royal Field Artillery N.C.O. in Charge Guard.
On one side.
- On mounting he will check number of vehicles.
- He will be held responsible for gun park and everything on gun park.
- He will know the extent of his beat and parade his beat in a smart and soldier-like manner.
- He will not quit his post or sit or lie down without orders, or let his rifle out of his hand.
- He will challenge anyone approaching his post between dusk and dawn.
- In the event of hostile shelling bombing he will give the alarm.
* In the event of gas or gas shelling by day or night, the Trumpeter will sound five “G”s.
* This is a standing Battery order.
On the same side as the title: –
The white ring of the national markings of British night flying planes (Handley Page F.F. 2b’s &night flying Camels) will be eliminated leaving only the red & blue markings. Fly by day & well as by night.