SECRET Copy No. 1
20TH (LIGHT) DIVISION ORDER No. 210.
22nd September 1917
Reference Maps:- BELGIUM, Sheets 20 S.W., and 28 N.W., 1/20,000.
1. (a). 61st Inf. Bde. will take over the Divisional Front
(i) in the right sub-sector from 60th Inf. Bde., and
(ii) in left sub-sector from 59th Inf. Bde., on night of 23rd/24th September.
(b). Details of relief will be settled direct between Brigadiers concerned.
(c). B.G.C. 61st Inf. Bde will assume Command of the whole Divisional Front at 10.0 a.m. 24th September.
2. (a). 61st Inf. Bde. will hold the front with two Battalions in line; right Battalion H.Q. U.23.d.7.0., left Battalion H.Q. U.23.c.7.7.
One Battalion in Support, H.Q. AU BON GITE.
One Battalion in Reserve (on IRON CROSS line) H.Q. ADELPHI.
(b) Brigade H.Q. will be at STRAY FARM.
3. On completion of relief –
(a). 60th Inf. Bde. will be in Support;
”A” Battalion CANAL BANK.
“B” Battalion HULL’S FARM.
“C” Battalion SARAGOSSA CAMP.
“D” Battalion WOLFE CAMP.
(b) 59th Inf. Bde. will be in Reserve;
”A” Battalion SOULT CAMP.
“B” Battalion LEIPSIG CAMP.
“C” Battalion REDAN CAMP.
“D” Battalion ROUSSEL FARM.
4. Field Coys R.E., and Pioneers, will remain in their present positions, and continue to work under orders of C.R.E.
5. Machine Gun moves and reliefs will take place on night 23rd/24th September as follows, under arrangements to be made direct between Brigadiers and Unit Commanders concerned.
Detailed instructions as regards these reliefs, showing approximate front line Machine Gun positions, have been issued direct to Machine Gun Coys., through Brigades.
(a). 59th M.G. Coy.
(i) Two sections from line (left sub-sector) to Reserve at Coy. H.Q. (VULCAN CROSSING, U.27.c.45.55.)
(ii) Two sections from close Support, and Reserve at Coy H.Q., to Barrage positions E. of STEENBEEK, N.W. of the LANGEMARK – AU BON GITE Road.
(b). 60th M.G. Coy.
(i). Two sections from line (right sub-sector) to Reserve at Coy. H.Q. (GEORGE HOUSE, U.27.d.00.45.).
(ii) Two sections from Reserve at Coy H.Q. to Barrage positions E. of the STEENBEEK, S.E. of the LANGEMARK – AU BON GITE Road. (during afternoon, 23rd September).
(c). 61st M.G. Coy.
From Barrage positions, to “H” Camp, A.9.b.9.1.
(d). 217th M.G. Coy.
(i). One section from Barrage positions, to Reserve at Coy. H.Q. (C.4.a.75.75).
(ii). Three sections from Barrage positions, to the front line, relieving sections of 59th and 60th M.G. Coys.
(iii). On completion of reliefs the Coy will come under orders of B.G.C. 61st Inf. Bde.
for Lieut. Colonel,
Issued to Signals at 4.30 p.m. General Staff, 20th Division.
No. 1. A.D.C. for G.O.C. 14. D.A.D.V.S.
2. G.S. 15. D.M.G.O.
3. “Q” 16. A.P.M.
4. Divl. R.A. 17. XIVth Corps.
5. Divl. R.E. 18. XIVth Corps R.A.
6. Divl. Signal Coy. 19. XIVth Corps H.A.
7. 59th Inf. Bde. 20. 4th Div.
8. 60th Inf. Bde. 21. Guards Div.
9. 61st Inf. Bde. 22. 29th Div.
10. Divl Pioneers. 23. 51st Div.
11. Divl. M.G. Coy. 24. 9th Sqdn. R.F.C.
12. Divl. Train. 25. War Diary.
13. A.D.M.S. 26. File.