Ref: Boyeffels 36.b S.E.2. 1/10,000 Hazebrouck 5.a. 1/100,000
9TH Canadian Artillery Brigade Operation Order No 52
Lieut. Col. H.G. Carscallen Comdg.
- The 9th Canadian Artillery Brigade will march from present wagon lines to old rest billets at Amettes on the morning of the 27th inst.
- The starting point will be road junction in Hersin, Q.5.b.8.0. The head of the column will pass the starting point at 0.00 a.m.
- Order of March:-
- Route:- Hersin – Barlin – Houdain – Divion – Ferfay.
- On arriving at Amettes batteries will move independently to their wagon lines.
- Advanced parties of one officer and one N.C.O. and One horseholder from each battery will proceed in advance to arrange billets.
- The pace of the march is to be slow with frequent halts. Detachments (drivers & gunners) are to walk the greater part of the way.
- The unexpended portion of the days rations and forage and one days rations and forage will be carried.
- The batteries will march with full echelons – 75% shrapnel 25% H.E.
Comdg 9th Brigade C.F.A.