SECRET S/554/1 MOVE
RIGHT GROUP LEFT SECTOR ARTILLERY.
- Night 28 Feb/1st March 1917. D/175 one section will not move from position at I.8.a.6.6. and the incoming Section of 107th Battery will occupy the position at I.8.a.35.45. W.L. Marfell will take over the command of the composite Howitzer Battery D/3 at 10 a.m. 1st March.
- ARTILLERY SUPPORT.
- On the Night 28th Feb/1st March and until further orders, the line will be held by two 18 pdr batteries as follows: – 27th Battery at I.8.a.70.10.
B/175 Battery at I.13.b.00.85.
C/175 Battery at H.24.c.6.1.) who are allotted
H.30.a.4.0.)Supplementary Night Lines.
- Battery Zones are.
27th Battery I.17.a.00.25. to I.21.b.75.20. G.F.L.
B/175 I.21.b.75.20. to I.27.a.1.9.
- Batteries will support Companies as follows:-
Battery Battalion Company Trenches.
27th Bat. Left Left HG.41 (Gap A. Chards farm
(Lille Road Locality.
“ “ Centre HH.8 (Cowgate Gap &
“ “ Right HH.7. Winedale Locality.
B/175 Right Left HH4 (Salop Gap & Locality
(Rue de Bois Gap.
“ “ Centre. HH3 (Rue de Bois Locality
“ “ Right HM.9. (Willow Locality
(Park Gap & Locality.
- Night Lines allotted are
27th Battery B/175 C/175
- I.16.c.05.03. 1. I.26.b.38.88. 1. I.21.c.15.00.
- I.16.c.62.40. 2. I.20.d.90.37. 2. I.21.c.50.15.
- I.16.d.00.58. 3. I.21.c.45.71. 3. I.21.d.20.68.
- I.16.d.30.80. 4. I.21.d.03.70. 4. I.21.b.70.20.
- I.16.b.40.00. 5. I.21.b.18.20. 5. I.22.a.15.45.
- I.16.b.60.50. 6. I.21.b.60.60. 6. I.22.a.55.82.
The Night O.P. GLENFIELD will be manned by D/3 Howr Battery. From dusk to daylight one officer & three telephonists will be on duty there.
- Liaison Officers will be supplied nightly by
27th Battery for Left Battalion.
B/175 Battery} for Right Battalion
C/175 “ }
- Liaison Communications will be direct from Companies to their respective batteries. Arrangements will be made for S.O.S. lines to Batteries by Signalling Officers concerned.
- The above arrangements will come into force at 5 p.m. on the night of Feb 28 1917
A.A. Laporte Payne
Lieut & Adjt.