SECRET Copy No 16
8th DIVISION ARTILLERY OPERATION ORDER No 12.
3rd JULY 1916.
- The 8th Divisional Artillery (less attached Artillery) will mover on Nights of 3rd/4th and 4th/5th July, on relief by 12th Division Artillery, to BEHENCOURT – FRECHENCOURT district.
- Units will march to Wagon lines in accordance with TABLE “A” attached.
- Guns and Howitzers will not be exchanged.
- Limbers of relieving batteries will take guns to present wagon lines, where they will be taken on by their own limbers. Sections not relieved will send up their own teams.
- Left and Centre Group Commanders will arrange the return of borrowed Howitzers and Dial sights.
- The following will be handed over:-
Maps, air photographs, registers, and any other information likely to be of value to relieving units.
- Group Commanders, Battery Commanders or Captains, and one officer per section D.A.C. will remain at present positions till morning of 5th July.
- Echelons will march full, group Commanders arranging to hand over all excess ammunition at Gun positions, 5th battery included.
- Medium Trench Mortar batteries will move on night 4th/5th to LONG VALLEY. On 5th instant will move to district mentioned in para.1. and will be attached as follows:-
M/8 T.M. Battery) to 5th Brigade R.H.A.
X/8 do )
Y/8 do to 33rd Brigade R.F.A.
Z/8 do to 45th Brigade R.F.A.
- Failing other arrangements which will be notified later, the D.A.C. will send two G.S. wagons per T.M. Battery to be at LONG VALLEY by 4 p.m. 5th July.
- Routes for 4th/5th instant will be notified later.
C.R. Gover Major R.A.
Brigade Major 8th Divnl. Arty.
Issued at 7.0 p.m.
Copies to 8th Division, All Bdes R.F.A.
19th Div Arty. 8th Div Signals.
12th Div Arty. Div Train.
3rd Corps S.S.O.