MESSAGES AND SIGNALS
G.O.C. H.A. XIII Corps
C.R.A 18th and 30th Divns
CA46 28th June
Following is extract of instructions from 4th Army:-
- “Zero” will be postponed 48 hours 29th will become “Y1” day 30th will become “Y2” day 1st July will become Z day
- Special attention must be paid to the following:- As regards Artillery
- To prevent all hostile movements and work both day and night. The night bombardment must be fully maintained.
- To complete wire cutting
- To take advantage of all favourable weather to destroy hostile batteries.
- To d*** the enemy by *** to carry out concentrated bombardments and night raids. These concentrated bombardments will take place:- “Y1” day – 4.0 – 5.20 pm. “Y2” Day – 8.0 – 9.20 AM. Subject to the above heavy howitzers and heavy gun ammunition must be economised.
- Programme for “Z” day will be as originally arranged.ACKNOWLEDGE by wire. 131 Corps ArtyW. R. R***** ** R.A.
- 5.40 pm