SECRET 8th Divisional Artillery Instructions No. 3 Copy No
Instructions for Artillery during
Advance of Brigades R.H & R.F.A.
- The 89th Brigade R.F.A., on getting into action, will cover POZIERES, but must husband as much ammunition as possible to deal with any counter attacks which may be launched by the enemy.
- When the 33rd Brigade R.F.A. advances, the front of 23rd Infantry Brigade will be supported by 86th Brigade R.F.A., that of 25th Infantry Brigade, by 5th Brigade R.H.A., that of 70th Infantry Brigade by 45th Brigade R.F.A.
- When the 33rd Brigade R.F.A. is in action in its advanced position, it will again support 23rd Infantry Brigade.
25th Infantry Brigade will be supported by 86th Bde R.F.A.
70th Infantry Brigade will be supported by 5th Brigade R.H.A. and 45th Brigade R.F.A.
- When the 5th Brigade R.H.A. advances, the 70th Infantry Brigade will be supported by the 45th Brigade R.F.A.
The 23rd and 25th Infantry Bdes. Supported as in para 3.
- When the 45th Brigade R.F.A. advances, the 5th Brigade R.H.A. will support the 70th Infantry Brigade.
The 23rd and 25th Infantry Bdes supported as in para. 3.
- When the 86th Brigade R.F.A. advances, the
23rd Infantry Brigade will be supported by 33rd Bde R.F.A.
25th “ “ “ “ “ “ 5th Bde. R.H.A.
70th “ “ “ “ “ “ 45th Bde. R.F.A.
- When 86th Brigade R.F.A. is in action, para 13, ”Instructions for forthcoming Operations” issued on 22.6.16 will be carried out.
NOTE. – During the advance of 33rd and 45th Brigades R.F.A., one 18 pdr Battery per Brigade will remain in action in present position until the other two have arrived at the new positions, and will continue to support the Infantry Brigades according to previous orders.
C.R. Gover Major R.A.
23.6.16. Brigade Major 8th Div. Arty.
Copies. 1 8th Div.
3 5th Bde R.H.A.
4 33rd Bde R.F.A.
5 45th “ “
6 86th “ “
7 89th “ “
8 23rd Infy Bde.
9 25th “ “
10 70th “ “