Appendix I (a)
Copy No 14
55th (West Lancs:) Divisional Artillery
29th February 1916
Reference Map 1/100,000 Sheet no 11 LENS
- The following moves will take place tomorrow March 1st, in accordance with instructions from 7th Corps.
2nd North Mid. Ammn. Column at SAULTY and section 46th D.A.C. (attached 55th D.A.C.) at WARLINCOURT, will move at 7 p.m. to billets at a place to be notified later.
- The 14th Bde A.C. from 4th Division is to arrive at SAULTY at 2 p.m. March 1st and will be responsible for supply of ammunition to its own sections and those of the 18 pr Bde (3rd W. Lancs) which it is relieving at and after 7 p.m. March 1st.
O.C. 3rd W. Lancs Ammn. Column at SAULTY will provide guides as required by O.C. 14th B.A.C.
- The 3rd West Lancs Ammn. Column will be responsible for supply of ammunition to its own sections which relieve those of 2nd N. Mid Bde and to sections of the 2nd N.M.F.A. Bde at and after 7 p.m. March 1st.
- Sections 4th Divisional Ammunition Column is to join 55th Divisional Ammunition Column at GRINCOURT near WARLINCOURT at 2 p.m. March 1st and will commence supply of ammunition at and after 7 p.m. March 1st.
- Wagon Lines of one Battery 2nd N.M.F.A. Bde will move from BAVINCOURT to billets at SAULTY vacated by 2nd N.M. Ammn. Column under Brigade arrangements.
55th Divisional Arty.
Issued at 9.15 p.m.
Copy no 1. Right Group Comdr. 1st W.L. F.A. Bde.
- Centre Group Comdr 2nd W.L. F.A. Bde.
- Left Group Comdr 3rd W.L. F.A. Bde.
- 4th W.L. F.A. Bde.
- 2nd North Midland F.A. Bde.
- 4th North Midland F.A. Bde.
- 55th Div. Amm. Col.
- 55th Div (G)
- 4th Div Arty
- 14th Brigade R.F.A.
- War Diary.
- Staff Capt.
- 7th Corps Arty.
- Town Major SAULTY