Sheet No 28 NW 1/20000
55th DIVISIONAL ARTILLERY OPERATION ORDER NO 51.
1. The 55th Divisional Artillery will be relieved by the 61st Divisional Artillery in the line on August 5th and 6th.
2. Two sections per battery will be relieved on the 5th and the remainder on the 6th inst.
3. Reliefs to be carried out by day and to be completed by 6 p.m. 6th August.
4. The Command passes from B.G. R.A. 55th Division to B.G. R.A. 36th Division at 10 a.m. on 6th August.
5. Units on relief will move to WINNEZEELE ARTILLERY Area in accordance with attached Table “A”. Move to take place by Sections, and Sub-sections D.A.C.
6. All units will move with vehicles complete with ammunition.
7. All ammunition on charge at gun positions and vicinity will be handed over to relieving units, and amounts transferred, and taken out of the Divisional Area wired to this office by 12 noon on the 6th inst.
8. Ammunition supply will pass from 55th Div Ammn Column to 36th Div Ammn Column at 12 noon on the 5th inst.
55th D.A.C. Railhead Representative will remain at Railhead and act for Relieving Division.
9. Guns will be exchanged stripped, except dial sights, sight clinometers, and aiming posts.
275 and 276 Bdes R.F.A. will hand over guns in the line to 307 and 306 Brigades R.F.A. respectively under arrangements between Officers Commanding concerned.
275th Bde R.F.A. will collect guns of 307 Bde R.F.A. from the Wagon Lines of the latter unit on the 5th inst after 12 noon at H.8.b. central.
276 Bde R.F.A. will collect guns of 306 Bde R.F.A. from Wagon Lines of the latter on the 5th inst after 12 noon. These Wagon Lines are situated as follows:-
A & B Batteries 306 Bde…….H.8.c.5.5.
C & D Batteries 306 Bde…….H.8.c.5.0.
10. Guides from 275 and 276 Bdes R.F.A. will meet advance parties of 307 and 306 Bdes R.F.A. respectively on the 5th inst at the following places and times:-
275 Bde R.F.A. PRESTON HOUSE 10.30 a.m.
276 Bde R.F.A. JUNCTION ROAD
North of ST
JEAN 10.30 a.m.
11. Wagon Lines of 275 and 276 Bdes R.F.A. will move to lately vacated Wagon Lines on the 5th inst in accordance with attached Table “B”.
All tents and shelters in possession of Wagon Lines are to be returned to O.O. XIX Corps Troops at PROVEN before leaving the YPRES Area.
Numbers returned to be wired to this office before 12 noon on the 6th inst.
12. 55th Divisional Trench Mortar Personnel will move with and remain attached to 55th Div Ammn Column for accommodation, rations and discipline.
Details of transport will be issued later.
13. Completion of relief will be wired to this office.
14. Details re supplies and ordnance will be issued later.
15. Teams for baggage wagons will report to units at 6 a.m. on the 5th inst.
Skiffingham Major R.A.
Bde Major 55th Divl Artillery.
4th August 1917.
Copies to :-
No .1 XIX Corps R.A. 9. 276 Bde R.F.A. 17. A.P.M. 55th Div.
2. 55th Div “G” 10. 153 Bde R.F.A. 18. S.S.O. 55th Div.
3. 55th Div “Q” 11. 173 Bde R.F.A. 19. 95 Coy A.S.C.
4. 36th Div “G” 12. 150 Army Bde R.F.A. 20. 55th Div Signals
5. 36th Div “Q” 13. 108 Army Bde R.F.A. 21. D.A.D.O.S. 55th Div
6. 36th Div Arty. 14. 55th D.A.C. 22. D.A.D.O.S. 36th Div
7. 61st Div Arty. 15. 36th D.A.C. 23. A.D.V.S. 55th Div
8. 275 Bde R.F.A. 16. D.T.M.O. 55th Div 24. A.D.M.S. 55th Div
25. Senior Chaplain C of E.
26.Senior Chaplain Non C of E.
27. Area Commander BRANDHOEK AREA.
28. “ “ WINNEZEELE ARTILLERY Area.
29. Staff Captain R.A.
30 & 31 War Diary.