Copy No ……
4th September 1916
20TH DIVISION OPERATION ORDER NO 95.
- The XIV Corps will renew the attack today.
- At 3.10 p.m. the 5th Division will attack the line B.2.d.4.8. – WEDGE WOOD and the trench from T.26.c.4.5. to T.26.a.8.5½.
- The French Corps will simultaneously attack the trench from ACK HANGER WOOD to B.2.d.4.8.
- The 7th Division will simultaneously clear up the situation in GINCHY.
- Subsequently, the exact hour being notified later, the 5th and 20th Divisions will capture the line LEUZE WOOD – T.20.a.6.5., the dividing line between Divisions being the N.W. corner of LEUZE WOOD (T.26.b.8.8 ½.)
- The 48th Brigade will detail two Battalions for this attack and will assemble in GUILLEMONT and the SUNKEN ROAD T.25.a. before 4 p.m. Dividing line between battalions the road GUILLEMONT – COMBLES inclusive to the right battalion.
- On gaining the position the troops will entrench themselves.
- The C.R.A. 24th Division will arrange for a creeping barrage between the GINCHY – WEDGE WOOD ROAD (T.20.a.1.5. – T.26.a.1.5.) and the objective.
(sd) R.H. JAMES Lt. Colonel,
General Staff, 20th Division
Issued to Signals at 8.30 a.m.
- XIV Corps (G), 13. C.R.E.
- XIV Corps (Q), 14. 11th Durham L.I.
- 5th Division. 15. A.D.M.S.
- 7th Division. 16. 20th Signals.
- 16th Division. 17. A.P.M.
- 47th Brigade. 18. A.A. & Q.M.G.
- 48th Brigade. 19. Adv. “Q”.
- 59th Brigade. 20. 9th Squadron R.F.C.
- 60th Brigade. 21/25. Retained.
- 61st Brigade.
- C.R.A. 24th Division.
- C.R.A. 6th Division.