SECRET Copy No. 18
8th Divisional Artillery Operation Order No. 7.
4th June 1916
- The 45th Brigade R.F.A. and “Z” Battery R.H.A. less 57th Battery (Hows) complete and 1 Section 18-pdr Batteries, will move to Billets in BEHENCOURT in relief of 152nd Brigade R.F.A. 34th Divisional Artillery on the night of the 5th/6th June 1916.
- Lieut-Colonel A.T. BUTLER, C.M.G., R.H.A. will be in command of the above Artillery until the return of Lieut-Colonel H.W. HILL, when he will return to the Left Group Headquarters.
- The Adjutant and staff of the 5th Brigade R.H.A. will remain with the Left Group Headquarters.
- The move will be in accordance with Table “A” on reverse.
- No move will take place between 3 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- The Left Group will remain as at present. One Subaltern Officer being in command of each section in Action.
- Billeting parties will be sent on in advance to report to the Adjutant 152nd Brigade R.F.A. who will arrange the taking over of Billets.
- All moves to be reported to this Office.
C.R Gover Major R.A.
Brigade-Major. 8th Divisional Artillery.
5th Bde R.H.A. 1
33rd Bde R.F.A. 2
45th Bde R.F.A. 3
IIIrd Corps R.A. 4
8th Division. 5
34th Div. Arty. 6
Signal Coy. 8
Div. Train. 9
Retained 11 to 18.