SPECIAL PARTY in CONNECTION with the UNVEILING of the
20th DIVISIONAL MEMORIAL at LANGEMARCK.
(Subject to prevailing conditions, accommodation being obtainable, and the necessary passports and permits being granted).
The train and steamer services shown in the itinerary are subject to alteration or cancellation without notice.
Saturday Depart London (Victoria) 10.00
June 4th. Arrive Ostend. 15.45
Depart Ostend. 16.40
Arrive Ypres. 18.47
Sunday During the morning drive by auto-car to Langemarck for the
June 5th unveiling ceremony, and return to Ypres in time for luncheon.
In the afternoon a drive will be arranged, passing through Vlamertinghe, Poperinghe, Reninhelst, La Clytte, Locre, Mont Kemmel, Messines, Wytschaete, Hollbeke, Hill 60, Zillebeke, Menin Gate, and return to Ypres.
Monday Depart Ypres. 9.18
June 6th. Arrive Ostend. 11.33.
Depart Ostend. 14.30.
Arrive London (Victoria). 20.27.
INCLUSIVE FARE: – £4.12.6. each passenger (for a party of not less than thirty persons).
WHAT THE FARE PROVIDES:-
- Third class travel tickets from London to Ypres and return.
- Meals en route, consisting of luncheon on June 4th and luncheon and dinner on June 6th.
- Hotel accommodation at Ypres, consisting of meat breakfast, table d’hote luncheon, table d’hote dinner, bedroom, lights and attendance, commencing with dinner on June 4th and terminating with breakfast on June 6th including taxes.
- Transfers from station to hotel and vice versa on arrival and departure in Ypres.
- Drives by auto-car (motor chars-a-banc) on Sunday, June 5th as specified in the itinerary.
- All fees and gratuities to hotel and railway servants, and to the drivers of the conveyances utilised.
- The services of a competent courier throughout the journey. He would supervise the general arrangements, act as interpreter, and relieve the members of all trouble as to detail. TRAVEL TICKETS. The fare of £4.12.6. covers third class travel tickets. Members can travel in a superior class at the following supplements:First Class throughout. ….. ….. £1.18.0. each.
- Second class railway and first class on steamers £1.0.0. each.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION. Passengers booking at the fare of £4.12.6. will be accommodated at the Hotel Skindles, Ypriana, or similar establishment, at Ypres. Members desirous of staying at a better grade of house, e.g. Hotel Continental, Excelsior, or similar hotel, can do so upon payment of a supplement of….12/6 each.