18th Division Z. 101/1
The following amendments to 18th Division No Z.101 dated 14th instant are published:-
Page 1, cancel para 1 and substitute.
- To secure and consolidate the line running from the Railway at A.3.c.8.6. to the junction of DUGOUT trench and BRESLAU ALLEY, thence North East up BRESLAU ALLEY to the junction of trenches at A.3.c.15.72., thence along the trench joining BRESLAU ALLEY with MINE ALLEY, thence by points 2258, 6159, POMMIERS LANE, POMMIERS REDOUBT to junction of trenches F.6.a.70.10. and to hold them at any cost for a prolonged period against counter attack. (2) To consolidate the trench from MONTAUBAN through S.26.d. and c. (MONTAUBAN ALLEY) and BEETLE TRENCH. (3) To secure and consolidate the line running from the Western corner of MONTAUBAN as far E. as Divisional Boundary, thence westwards to trench junction as S.27.c.1.7. and along to junction of trenches at S.26.d.7.6., thence Northwards along trench to about S.26.b.5.4. thence Westwards along the spur through S.26.a.8.3. and S.25.a.2.2., trench to join up with right of 7th Division near S.25.b.3.0. A t latter point a strong point is to be constructed immediately it is gained; the 7th Division will construct 4 strong points to the west of this and to the south of the crest of the ridge, roughly along the line S.25.b.3.0 to about X.29.d.9.10. (between S.25.b. and d. and between X.30.a. and c.).
Page 2 para 5, L ines 13 and 14 should read:- “Each Brigade has 2 sections R.E. Field Company and 2 Platoons Pioneers definitely allotted to it for its interior requirements.”
for Lieut. Colonel.
Senior General Staff Officer, 18th Division.
June 15th 1916
SECRET. Copy No 15
8th DIVISIONAL ARTILLERY
OPERATION ORDER No 10.
15th June 1916.
- The moves as in attached March Table will take place between June 17th and June 23rd.
- Wagon lines of the 86th Brigade R.F.A. and A/89 Battery R.F.A. will be at E.2. a & b.
- Batteries of 86th Brigade R.F.A. and A/89 battery will send a guide to meet their batteries at road junction V.29.d.7.3.
- A guide will meet the 89th Brigade, R.F.A. at the CHATEAU HENENCOURT.
- Progress of moves to be reported to Divisional Artillery Headquarters.
C.R. Gover Major R.A.
Brigade Major 8th Divnl. Arty.
Issued at 1.0 p.m.
1 86th Bde R.F.A.
2 88th “
3 89th “
4 33rd “
5 45th “
6 5th “ R.H.A.
7 8th Divn.
9 Signal Coy.
12 Divnl Train
13 19th Div Arty.
14 3rd Corps R.A.
DATE. UNIT. FROM . TO. ROUTE. REMARKS.
Night 33rd Bty (1 Sect) X.25.c.8.5. W.24.c.6.4. No move before 10 p.m.
17/18th 36th “ “ X.25.c.8.5. W.24.c.3.7. ditto
D/86 “ R.F.A. (Hows) BAIZIEUX W.18.b.7.0. HENENCOURT – MILLENCOURT Not to pass the road
– EMERGENCY Road No 1. junction V.29.d.7.3. before 10.30 pm.
A/86 Bty R.F.A. BAIZIEUX W.12.d.2.6 ditto ditto
Night B/86Bty R.F.A. BAIZIEUX W.12.d.3.1. ditto To leave BAIZIEUX at
18/19th 9.0 p.m.
A89 “ “ ditto W.18.b.6.2. ditto To leave BAIZIEUX at
Night C/86 Bty R.F.A. ditto W.18.d.2.8. ditto To leave BAIZIEUX at
19/20th 9.45 p.m.
45th Bde. R.F.A. HENENCOURT BRICKWORKS MILLENCOURT – To leave HENENCOURT
(Wagon lines) WOOD (W.22) EMERGENCY Road No 1 WOOD at 9.0 p.m.
33rd Bde. R.F.A. ditto QUARRY ditto To leave HENENCOURT
(Wagon lines) W.27.b WOOD at 9.15 p.m.
5th Bde R.H.A. ditto E.2.a & b. ditto To leave HENNENCOURT
(Wagon lines) WOOD at 9.30 p.m.
Night 89th Bde R.F.A. HENENCOURT LONG VALLEY BAIZIEUX – HENENCOURT Not to pass road junction
23/24th (less 1 Battery and D/88 Battery W.19d/20.c. – Road Junction V.29.c.6.4. V.29.c.6.4. before 10.30 R.F.A. (Hows) – Cross roads V.24.c. p.m.