Copy No 14
55th (West Lancs:) Divisional Artillery
Order No 13
March 15th 1916
Reference Trench map 1/10000 Sheet FISHEUX
- the 55th Divl Artillery will bombard N.W. Corner of BLAIRVILLE WOOD front line and support trenches R.34.b.70.80 – R.34.b.85.85 at 4.30 p.m. March 16th.
- Arrangements have been made for the 6th H.A.G. to cooperate. The bombardment will commence at 4.30 p.m. when 6” How Section at R.14.h is to fire a round which will be the signal for the bombardment to commence with 2 rds gun fire from all guns. The bombardment will last for 2 minutes.
- The following will take part:-
Centre Group 2 18 pr batteries on front line R.34.b.70.80.
Right Group 1 4.5” How Battery on front line R.34.b.70.80.
Centre Group 1 18 pr Battery on support line R.34.b.70.80 – R.34.b.79.85. Left Group 1 18 pr Battery on support line R.34.b.79.85 – R.34.b.85.85. Section 18 pr R.31.c. to enfilade from R.34.b.70.80.
Section 18 pr R.21.c. to enfilade R.34.b.79.85.
- Ammunition allotted per gun. Shrapnel H.E.
18 prs 1 4
- All Batteries to be prepared to reply for retaliation.
55th Divisional Arty.
Issued at 6 p.m.
Copy no 1. Right Group.
- Centre Group.
- Left Group.
- 4th W.L. Bde. R.F.A.
- 55th Div (G)
- 7th Corps Artillery
- 164th Inf Bde.
- 165th Inf Bde.
- 166th Inf Bde.
- 14th Div Arty
- 37th Div Arty.
- 6th H.A.G.
- War Diary.
- Staff Captain
- to 20 War Diary.